Ahmet Yakupoğlu (1920-2016 Kütahya)
Ahmet Yakupoğlu was born in the Saray District of Kütahya in November 1920. He was the son of Hadji Halil Agha from Yakupoğulları and Şefika Hanim. Yakupoğlu, who began his first school at Dervish Pasha Primary School in 1927, had the chance to meet Süheyl Ünver, one of the professors of Istanbul University who came to Kütahya to research manuscripts at Vahid Pasha Provincial Public Library in 1941. After graduating from Kütahya High School, Yakupoğlu, who passed the Istanbul State Academy of Fine Arts’ examination with elegant and successful paintings, accepted Mr. Süheyl Ünver’s offer to study at the Painting Department of Feyhaman Duran Studio and graduated from there (1941-1945). While he was in Istanbul he took miniature and Islamic illumination art lectures from Prof. Süheyl Ünver, learned to play a flute, known as a Ney, from a Neyzen (Flute Player) Halil Dikmen, and took music lessons from Neyzen Nurullah Kılınç and Süleyman Erguner. After returning to Kütahya, Yakupoğlu, who was also interested in museum studies in addition to painting, played an important role in opening Vacidiye Madrasah as a museum, and managed its organization and staffing. After working for four years in this museum he completed his education as a specialist by assisting Mr. Süheyl Ünver, who worked at Istanbul University Institution of History of Medicine.